Forum down time

Why don't you visit here more often?

I lost all love for forum life when that Tom knobhead attacked me for taking the side of someone he deemed as a troll... do you remember?

Obviously he blog has distracted me too, and I've lost the desire to both share my pictures in the way I did here, and even to comment on pictures.

I did lurk for a while after I stopped posting, but in the end, just stopped coming.

It's safe on my VPS now - so I'm still looking after the place, keeping it alive behind the scenes

I lost all love for forum life when that Tom knobhead attacked me for taking the side of someone he deemed as a troll... do you remember?

Obviously he blog has distracted me too, and I've lost the desire to both share my pictures in the way I did here, and even to comment on pictures.

I did lurk for a while after I stopped posting, but in the end, just stopped coming.

It's safe on my VPS now - so I'm still looking after the place, keeping it alive behind the scenes
I can't remember all the details but I do recall a couple of controversial issues and an exodus of members. Anyway, thanks for keeping it going behind the scenes, H. By the way, glad we didn't do a deal for the Minox like we were considering a month or so ago. Its giving me problems. (Many frames showing up blank. Shutter failing intermittently I guess. Too bad, because that wee lens is a cracker.)

I can't remember all the details but I do recall a couple of controversial issues and an exodus of members. Anyway, thanks for keeping it going behind the scenes, H. By the way, glad we didn't do a deal for the Minox like we were considering a month or so ago. Its giving me problems. (Many frames showing up blank. Shutter failing intermittently I guess. Too bad, because that wee lens is a cracker.)

Hi Brian,

That's a great shame! I know your soft spot for that camera matched my own.
If you get to the point that you feel it is a write off, do let me know - I have still half an eye o the ideas of bringing life back to a dead one via renouncing the lens to a leica body cap.

Hi Brian,

That's a great shame! I know your soft spot for that camera matched my own.
If you get to the point that you feel it is a write off, do let me know - I have still half an eye o the ideas of bringing life back to a dead one via renouncing the lens to a leica body cap.
I had actually been thinking something similar, H. Reconstituting it to fit on my Canon P. I read a while back about a guy who had been doing that with Minox lenses. But if I decide not to I'll let you know.

Back