Forum Info Release?

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
I have been thinking about a press release for the forum for a long time now but have recently come to the conclusion that a single dated press release would not be right for the forum!
the reason for this is if it was successful we might well have a large influx of members. In some ways this would be nice, but actually i think a slightly slower trickle of new members has worked out quite well for us so far!
With a slow influx of members, new members have a chance to get a feeling for the place through the current members.
The most important thing for me is that this place retains its easy going community feel and the members we have now and their enjoyment of the forum is much more important then having 100's of new members that might not necessarily be the sort of people we are hoping to get on board... does this make sense?

With this in mind I want to put together an undated release that I can send out to people when the opportunity arises! One such opportunity has just come up; a company that offers promotional portrait photography through promotional flyers that have my details have said they are happy to send out info on the forum to everyone on their lists as part of their next email newsletter!

so...

Being as we are a community based forum id like to know what the community thinks of what I propose to send out when these opportunities arise... this is what i was thinking ... you might recognise it as being adapted from the notice in the yellow box before you login...

"Real Photographers Forum (www.realphotographersforum.com) is a "Real Name" photography forum and web site for people to discuss and share photography as a hobby or profession with like minded people. We are a community based site where all our members are invited to discuss anything and everything to do with photography in a polite and friendly manner. We believe everyone can learn something from anyone no matter how long they have been a photographer.

Most of our articles are written by our members and are taken from interesting threads within the forum its self.
If you have something interesting to share to do with photography then why not join up and help us build a resource that will be useful to everyone... From those just getting into photography as a hobby to the long standing pro!

We decided to create a "Real Name" forum as we wanted to encourage a community feel. Many forums allow users to create a nickname for them selves, we feel this gives users something to hide behind. By using a real name and giving a basic location we feel that users will be more likely to talk to each other like real people - Hence; "Real Photographers Forum".

Membership to the site is free and the only thing that we ask of our members is to be considerate and polite to the other members and to abide by our site rules. Rules can be read in our FAQ (http://www.realphotographersforum.com/faq.php).

If what you have just read sounds like the sort of community you would like to be a part of then why not come and take a look?"

How does that sound?

can anyone think of anything else we should add to that ... or indeed take out?

if anyone has any ideas please do share them!

Judging on that, you've studied hard at school. Lol. Looks all okay to me. I'll read through it again...... To be sure. Lol

Has just been proof read by my wife.

--------------------------------------

"Real Photographers Forum (www.realphotographersforum.com) is a "Real Name" photography forum and web site for people to discuss and share photography as a hobby or profession with like minded people. We are a community based site where all our members are invited to discuss anything and everything to do with photography in a polite and friendly manner. We believe everyone can learn something from anyone no matter how long they have been a photographer.

Most of our articles are written by our members and are taken from interesting threads within the forum itself.
If you have something interesting to share to do with photography then why not join up and help us build a resource that will be useful to everyone... From those just getting into photography as a hobby to the long standing pro!

We decided to create a "Real Name" forum as we wanted to encourage a community feel. Many forums allow users to create a nickname for themselves, we feel this gives users something to hide behind. By using a real name and giving a basic location we feel that users will be more likely to talk to each other like real people - Hence; "Real Photographers Forum".

Membership to the site is free and the only thing that we ask of our members is to be considerate and polite to the other members and to abide by our site rules. Rules can be read in our FAQ (http://www.realphotographersforum.com/faq.php).

If what you have just read sounds like the sort of community you would like to be a part of then why not come and take a look?"

--------------------------------

A couple of corrections have been made, 'its self' and ' them selves'

Mark.

Back