Free tiff file viewer?

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
Not for me, I just use ps but that isn't practical for a one off because of it costing 2/3rds of the national debt of Greece
I recomeneded irfanview but thy is apparently opening the files in whacky colours ...
Any other suggestions
I've asked what version of windows, will post response if it matters :)

Hi Hamish,
Thanks for asking the question for me here!
The OS is Vista Home Premium.
The MS Photo Viewer software opens other file types, but not tiffs - not sure if I can set it up to do so.
At Hamish' suggestion, I downloaded irfanview & I can open the files in question, but the images come through in red & bluey green when they should be B&W. They are rather stunning in a Zappa Hot Rats record sleeve kind of a way, but not exactly what we're aiming for!

I find Picasa very useful , it will open tiffs and my RAW files (Sony) and it's free.

Hmm I wonder if I left them in a funny colur space?? I'll look at it Monday Chris ... ...
They should be adobe rgb ... Does that effect irfanview does anyone know??

Thinking about it I had this problem with a photo on picasa a month or so ago. I think that was some kind of colour space issue, but to be honest I cannot remember the cause of it or the fix for that matter! sorry

No hurry Hamish - I'm sure it'll be fine but if you'd prefer us to check the finished images before you hit the 'fire' button, that's fine too. Check it out Monday & we'll speak afterwards.
Cheers

I'll send over some jpegs Chris ...
What do you think of the forum these days ... Been nearly a year since you checked if over for spelling and the like!
I think I might have left the tiffs in "lab" colour thinking about it ... Fridays are never my best day!

Hi there
I am a newbie here ,and i am also looking for a free tiff viewer.I have installed another tiff document viewer before.It is powerful but expensive for me.So i am planning to
change a cheap or free viewer.Thanks for any suggestion.

Back