Further Modifications to the Industar 69

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
A while ago (ages) I modified an industar 69 lens to work on my epson rd1. I quite like the effect and have always been fascinated by this very cheap lens and the effect that can be got from using it.
The details of the lens and first mod can be found here http://www.realphotographersforum.c...how-modify-industar-69-lens-ltm-mounting.html

Over the last few days I've been tinkering with it on my sony nex5, there are a lot more possibilities with it due to the fact you can see what you are shooting. Close focusing is possible etc ...

Anyway, here it is on the camera

Modified Industar 69 on nex5n by Hamish_Gill, on Flickr

Ive filed it down a bit more, it actually focuses past infinity now... but never mind ... :)

The recent tinkering has mostly been with this rear element

I discovered if I flipped it I could get some interesting effects on the image.
This is with the rear element unflipped

flipped

unflipped

flipped

flipped

flipped

and flipped with a bit of process - very pleased with this as an outcome!

It has a sort of lens baby look but without the usual streaky look (which I have gone off recently - its a bit to tell tale I think these days). Its quite difficult to focus, but then, not much is in focus even when it is focused so it doesn't really matter too much.

Interesting Hamish and a nice effect from the flipping. You're certainly getting some mileage out of the NEX! And it focuses to infinity and beyond - I reckon there's a catch-phrase in there somewhere! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hamish Gill. Half Working Photographer - Focuses from infinity to beyond. :)

yea, catch-phrase, maybe in a film about this lens ... hmm... "the story of a toy lens"? "lens toy story" for some reason it feels like it needs to be a story of a toy ... ? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hamish Gill. Half Working Photographer - Focuses from infinity to beyond. :)

Perfect!

I managed to attach my Jupiter 8 50/2 to my Canon 600D via M42 and M39 -M42 mounts (I think!) anyway, no infinity focus, infact it turns it into a dreamy macro lens, which is just as well, as I don't have one!

Back