Greetings from southwest Scotland 🙂

Ralph Turner

Hi, thanks for the add 🙂. Here’s a view of the village of Parton, not far from where I live, taken on a 1920s Houghton Ensign 2.1/4B box (the version with the rapid rectilinear lens) on Kentmere 100 and semi-stand devved in caffenol.IMG_4153.jpeg

Hi Ralph. I didn't know where Parton was so I googled it and the first thing that popped up was a picture of the very same clock tower you have posted above (though your photo is far more interesting!). Looking forward to more photos from your old camera. Welcome to RPF!

Hi Ralph.
Great photo! I know Parton, having worked at Drumlanrig for a few years, what seems like a lifetime ago.
I have the use of a 6x9 Selfix, which, I guess would be a descendant of your 2.1/4B. Great to see someone else using coffee for development!

Thanks Chris! Small world.. Those Selfix folders are fine cameras. I have one of the 8-20s, quite a beast. Hopefully I’ll post a piccy or two from it in due course.
Caffenol is recent endeavour for me. Up until recently I’d been happy to let the lab handle the wet bit but, sadly, my go-to lab went to the wall. I’d been curious about the homemade developer for some time so decided to jump back in to home processing. It’s the only developer I use at present and very satisfying it is to use, although Ikm far from expert at it.

Back