Hello 👋

Thom Epps

I'm Thom from Bristol - I came across this forum after reading the 10 year 35mmc post & it looked like a good place to share & discuss photog (Instagram & twitter becoming more toxic by the day).

I like photographing different environments & experimenting with code to manipulate my images (sometimes)

Img_2023_05_10_14_37_11.jpeg

I've recently picked up a little rangefinder - so I'm currently trying to run through a roll to see if it's working correctly

Img_2023_05_10_14_36_06.jpeg

Welcome to RPF, Thom. Those old dock cranes make a wonderful subject. Nice.

I would imagine that the little Voigtländer is going to be great camera for the pocket. Looking forward to seeing what you get from it.
Cheers Pete 👍 I was after something small & quick & that voigtlander jumped out at me on ebay! I've heard the light meters can be a bit funky on these old cameras, so fingers crossed for the results

Hi Thom, likewise for me from Hamish’s article. I’ve had the warmest of welcomes. A great place to be ☺️
That's good to hear! I used to post a fair bit on Flickr back in the day, but ever since that went down the pan I've not been able to find a decent online community for photography

I've not been able to find a decent online community for photography
Hi Thom. When I first joined RPF we had a vibrant and supportive community of contributors. Lots of good photography, too. Unfortunately participation waned over time and we had only a few regulars contributing consistently. I was saddened by this because the forum had been so much fun. The recent influx of new members (motivated, I gather, by Hamish's 35mmc as well, no doubt, by Pete Askew's commitment to the forum) is very welcome and I have every confidence that we can once again become a vibrant and supportive community of photographers. Welcome to RPF, a decent (<--massive understatement!) online community for photography.

I'm Thom from Bristol - I came across this forum after reading the 10 year 35mmc post & it looked like a good place to share & discuss photog (Instagram & twitter becoming more toxic by the day).

I like photographing different environments & experimenting with code to manipulate my images (sometimes)

View attachment 17190

I've recently picked up a little rangefinder - so I'm currently trying to run through a roll to see if it's working correctly

View attachment 17189
Nice image Thom. I wonder how you do your coding? As in what platform I guess... I don't know much about it, but as a darktable user I spend some time on the Pixls forum and have read a bit about G'MIC... something like that?

Cheers Stevenson 👍
I like experimenting with generative art & sometimes I'll incorporate my photos in to it.

My process is to write an app using CSS, JavaScript & PHP that I can feed an image in to & get an end result

Back