Idfb 2014

Barry Keavney

B-Town, International Dance Festival Birmingham by Barry Keavney, on Flickr

We had the IDFB 2014, International Dance Festival Birmingham here over the bank holiday weekend, culminating in a Live outdoor performance by dancers from all over the world.
It began at 9:30 and it was dark. You know, I still only have my bog standard 18-105vr as my main lens. If I need another I use calumet.
But not this evening and the 18-105 has a limited range at 3.5 anyhow.
Nevertheless, I arrived and started shooting. As expected, most of the images were unusable for on reason or another, but I did get some that are acceptable for documenting my day trips in and around Brum.
If anyone has a 70-200 2.8 they don't need...;D

What an intriguing shot Barry. It is part dance and part tag wrestling - his partner is waiting to be tagged! Just the right amount of movement (and you might have lost that with a 'faster' lens) and I really like the drama of the lighting.

Thanks Pete and again Pete! Your spot on.
The routine is based on a story of a Queen, Roxy, who opens the gate gates of her Kingdom to the masses of people who have been for to live on islands after the street become flooded, and the year is 2064. Or something to that effect.

So the picture is depicting a battle.

Fine image, Barry. Upside Down Man has his appeal but the look on the face of the fellow in the far left corner really lights up this picture.

Back