Info Regarding Photography In Scotland

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
@Davie Hudson

I got sent this:

Dear all,

In addition to my role as Photographic Archivist at the University of St Andrews, I also sit on a national committee about photography called IPS (Institute for Photography in Scotland).
As part of my work with IPS I’m assisting in our conducting an informal survey in order to obtain any and all information about upcoming photography events from this year, all the way through to the end of Summer 2015.

In particular my interest is in discovering what activities, events, exhibitions, public talks, or photo related publications might be taking place in Spring and Summer of 2015.

If you or any of your colleagues or acquaintances have anything planned for this period anywhere in Scotland, can you please tell me and include pertinent details, by no later than end of day Wednesday? (if you can’t gather the info by then, just send it to me later!)

One of the key aims of this exercise will be to put together a much needed national calendar of all the photography events going on in Scotland. Any insights you have about events around St Andrews, Fife or Dundee would be greatly appreciated and go a long way to helping our cause to raise awareness about photography in Scotland. Other folks on the committee are contacting people in their immediate communities to ensure a broad representation from across Scotland.

Many thanks for your help!
Marc

Marc Boulay
Photographic Archivist
Special Collections Division
University of St Andrews Library Annexe
North Haugh
St Andrews
KY16 9WH

T: 01334-462326
E: mdab@st-andrews.ac.uk

Back