Inhabited planet

Sandie Shaw? Her of bare feet fame? She'd have to have trod carefully there.

Seriously though for me it conjures up Robert Harris' post-apocalyptic novel The Second Sleep. In it discarded or abandoned glass objects have acquired a dangerously heretical significance.

Sandie Shaw? Her of bare feet fame? She'd have to have trod carefully there.

Seriously though for me it conjures up Robert Harris' post-apocalyptic novel The Second Sleep. In it discarded or abandoned glass objects have acquired a dangerously heretical significance.

This is a possible good suggestion for something to read (apart from the fact that I haven't read for years now [and being a librarian I know that sounds creepy]). I didn't know Robert Harris, he sounds like an interesting author.

Both light and bulbous - surely a song by Sandy Shore - anyone remember her?

I like it, Gianluca! Stimulates the imagination!

I like the colour version better, but I am revisiting my old photos to practise developing them in B&W to make them more digestible for the aficionados of this forum. :) A painful and degrading task destined for failure.

But don't get me wrong, for me it is a very useful exercise, I am learning a lot from you black and white lovers with a long experience of film and its photographic development.

Speaking of the title, I have to do violence to myself to come up with a meaningful title. I like the way Kandinsky titled his works with meaningless names (Composition VI, Composition VII...). I always thought Klee was cheating with his extremely eloquent titles (Persian Nightingales, Irma Rossa the Animal Tamer, Goldfish Wife...) as if his works needed a verbal crutch to hold themselves up. And Klee was great at this, a great communicator.
But both Kan and Kle were giants in my eyes, their works remain, their titles I don't think so.

Back