Paul Strand Inspired by Paul Strand

Images inspired by Paul Strand, right? Not limited to photos of pears and dishes? IMO, the photos he took that day of the dishes are the weakest in his portfolio. They are nothing like his abstract photos, except for being closeups where the subject fills the frame. When I think of Paul Strand I think of his abstract photos using patterns and shadows, or I think of his bird's eye views of the street, or of his portraits. I never associate him with photos of everyday items. Those are the province of Edward Weston.

The best laid plans, Pete. You clearly tell us to create a post in the appropriate forum, complete with prefix, yet John jumps in to add a photo to this thread :rolleyes::D I suppose we could all add them here. What do you think?

The best laid plans, Pete. You clearly tell us to create a post in the appropriate forum, complete with prefix, yet John jumps in to add a photo to this thread :rolleyes::D I suppose we could all add them here. What do you think?
Uh, "Competitions and Themes" is the wrong forum? Ohhhhh, I was supposed to put up a post just for my image. I suppose that's best. All images in one thread might load kind of slow for some people.

Back