It's all about energy...

Douglas McMann

Posted purely because the content spoke to me...

This was taken this evening when I spotted a nice pink sky starting to form. However, as per a previous post, it then started raining and the sunset disappeared beneath murky winter clouds again.

But the content...

Well...in the far distance is the large shed within a fabrication yard (where yours truly once worked) which was, and sometimes still is, involved in the construction and repair of oilfield platform jackets and modules...middle distance left is the HUGE show model for a firm constructing wind turbines (I believe possibly using part of the aforementioned rig yard). Both energy related...

Front and left of centre are a couple of floodlights which illuminate the football pitch of local team East Fife, where energy is used most weekends (then again maybe not...!).

Front and right of centre are the roofs of a local Bakery, where much energy is used producing a multitude of fatty, sugary, starchy foodstuffs, requiring 4 times the amount of energy in exercise to burn it off....

The wall to the front is the protection from the adjacent sea given to the coal fired Power Station which until recently was sited at this location...energy again...

And the ENTIRE area within the photograph was previously the largest maritime dock on the east coast of Scotland, from where the country's main export of coal was shipped...energy once more.

All this illuminated by a magical glow from the most energetic thing in our Solar System...

So, this image really is full of energy...;)

IMG_0171.jpg

I calculate some 200 or 300 calories burned through eyeball movement across this image whilst reading the text. I echo what Pete said (that saves me a calorie or two of finger movement across the keyboard). I'm all about saving energy, Dougie. :)

Probably correct Pete...I'll have an Old Peculier please....:)

Back