It's herrrrrrrrre!

John Allen

I wasn't sure whether to post this photo in the equipment forum or the inspirational one. :) My new camera arrived today. I haven't even taken the time to wipe it down. What you see is straight from its blanket of bubble wrap, except that I removed the rubber hood for the photo. The next few hours will be spent studying these cameras before I attempt to remove the back or lens or do anything else that might screw things up. I don't want to use my usual method of learning new things, because that depends on diving right in and learning from my mistakes. I've read enough to learn that it's very easy to screw up one of these cameras by forgetting to do things the right way and in the right order, like forgetting to cock the lens shutter before mounting the lens.

The OM-1 I bought needs new light seal foam. Both of them, in fact. I've decided to wait until that is replaced before testing the accuracy of the meters. I decided to wait to order replacement foam until I've had a chance to examine the condition of the foam in the RB67. I figure I might as well order all of it at the same time if it does turn out that I need to replace the foam in the RB67 also. Photos should follow shortly after that task is done.

My early birthday present. It may not be a million dollar Leica, but I'm happy. :D
rb67-2.jpg

Thanks, guys. I'm anxious to take my first photos, but I'm holding off until I replace the light seals. I've got 2 rb67 light seal kits and 3 om-1 kits on the way from Aki Ashai in Japan. I'm hoping they don't take too long to get here. I found a pdf copy of the manual online and it also came with the HUGE :) 61 page paper manual. The manual for my Nikon D7200 is almost 400 pages long.

Back