Jack Andraka 3cents cancer detection

Ahmad Bhai

Evening Standard 14th June : He is 16 still in braces and by the way he has invented a test for cancer

[video=youtube;n9yuAhusVts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9yuAhusVts[/video]

Last year Jack Andraka discovered a near 100% accurate early detection for pancreatic cancer that is 400 time more sensitive, 168 times faster, 26000 times cheaper than existing tests which detect only in advanced stages of cancer. The same method can be used to early detect HIV, AIDS, Alzheimers, heart disease, other forms of cancer.

Jack's lightbulb idea occured while reading an article on carbon nanotubes in a journal he smuggled into biology class under his hoodie. "Just after I had my eureka moment, the teacher stormed over and confiscated the journal."

"I wouldn't call myself smart, ...I played up a lot in elementary school. Mom was always being called in to see the principal."
"I know people who are way smarter. But ... it's about creativity rather than facts. I'm a creative thinker.
I disagree with out education systems : learning by rote and then puking out the facts in an exam."

- - - Updated - - -

Jacob Barnett TedX Teen speaks similarly

http://tedxteen.com/talks/tedxteen-2012/111-jacob-barnett-forget-what-you-know

Jacob says when we stop learning,
and have have freedom & time to reflect and become absorbed thats when we all generate creative ideas.
He metioned Newton formulating his theories only when he stopped studying and took a two year break.
That everyone is capable of this.

Nooooo bro [doh]

Jack and Jacob are saying allow ourselves the space for the 5% inspiration, (which then is followed by 95% perspiration).
Every single innovation (innovator) has arrived in those 5% of inspiration, followed by much hard slog by many.
And we all are capable of it in multiple fields.

Yet our education system (from primary school to university), work, society on the whole worldwide is geared towards stifiling this inspiration.
Furthermore our upbringing from our parents, our fears, pressures, various external influences, our own cynicism, close mindedness all contribute to stifling our inspiration.

A week and half ago i met Russell one of the cofounders of HailO taxi app which is being rolled out in major cities worldwide.
Russell was a cabbie 25 years, his dad a cabbie all his life. Allowing himself this space so that there could be inspiration allowed Russell to change his life around as well as millions worldwide. HailO provdies not just easy way to hail a taxi but also safety for children, women enetring a strangers taxi.

Last edited:
Back