Kia Ora from New Zealand.

Tony Warren

I seem to have found my way here in the footsteps of other 35mmc’ers.

I am an 85 year old retired architect and long time amateur photographer, having belonged to clubs and postal folios most of that time. I think I took my first photos in the early 1950s. I retired in 2001 and moved out to New Zealand from the UK with my wife in order to be closer to our two daughters, both living in Dunedin at the time.

I shoot 120, 35mm and 16mm, subminiature and 110, mostly mono with the occasional C41 colour neg, trade processed. Rodinal is my only developer because it is so flexible and economical, and just keeps and keeps.

I mostly use digital to illustrate articles and I must confess my phone is more and more my snapshot camera.

Tony.

You'll find other architects here (not me), I think. Welcome. Can you tell us something about the putto you chose as your avatar? I am intrigued by the choice.

Welcome to RPF, Tony.
Rodinal is my only developer because it is so flexible and economical, and just keeps and keeps.
Agreed. It has been my go-to developer for years, although lately I have been using the Cinestill Df96 because of its convenience.

I mostly use digital to illustrate articles
That's interesting, Tony. What kinds of articles?

You'll find other architects here (not me), I think. Welcome. Can you tell us something about the putto you chose as your avatar? I am intrigued by the choice.
It is a photo I took of a plaster figurine I have based on one of Raphael's Sistine Madonna cherubs, appearing at the base of the painting. I like the contemplative pose.

Welcome to RPF, Tony.

Agreed. It has been my go-to developer for years, although lately I have been using the Cinestill Df96 because of its convenience.

That's interesting, Tony. What kinds of articles?
Thanks Brian. I have written on Emulsive at first and more recently 35mmc on a variety of film photography related subjects.

Back