Just for Show Last walk

Ivar Dahl-Larsen

into the mountains this autumn. Jotunheimen one of the greatest national parks of Norway where also our highest mountain is situated, is a happy playground for my wife and I. The roof of Norway it is also called. Jotunheimen, the home of the Jotuns, as it means in Norwegian and Jotuns are from the Norse mythology. Giants from Vallhalla, the heaven of the Vikings. And of course I have to travel ever so often back into the mountains where my ancestors roam, and as I love to do. I thought I'd take you with me on this trip.
_DSF3122.jpg
It takes us 7 hours to drive from our home to Jotunheimen, and here in the far distance one can get a glimpse of our goal.

_DSF1642.jpg
Here we are at base camp. It was raining this morning, Saturday the 10th this month, in other words last Saturday.
_DSF3124.jpg
We are leaving base camp, the weather was not promising, but...
_DSF1646.jpg
Well this was our route that day. plenty of hours climbing after the boat trip across the lake.
_DSF1620.jpg
This way is it? She really knows, she's my GPS. But to be on the safe side I always take along a compass as well as map.
_DSF3137.jpg
So here we go.
_DSF1626.jpg

The autumn has come into its full up here at 1500 meters above sea level right here._DSF3164.jpg

Norwegians or rather the Norsemen and women frequent the mountains. These are on a walk that shall take them 7 hours to reach their next goal Gjendebu. ( Found on the map ).
_DSF1588.jpg
Still far from the top and a rest is needed. story continues in part 2.

I foolishly started at the third section. I've looked through the sets and the scenery looks stunning. I have enjoyed your walk from my front room, the views are special and the coffee here is also very nice.

I foolishly started at the third section. I've looked through the sets and the scenery looks stunning. I have enjoyed your walk from my front room, the views are special and the coffee here is also very nice.
I shall not comment on your first sentence but merely establish and enjoy the fact that you liked it. Prepared right, the coffee shall always be nice, thank you!

Back