Lightroom 3/4/4.4 On Debian Linux

Barry Keavney

Hi all.

Previously, I had lightroom 3 on my laptap computer (with windows7) for tethered shooting or importing from card method; either or.

Now, that laptop runs Debian Linux, and lightroom isn't supprted on Linux.

I know that I can use Wine to run my windows programs on there but to no avail. (And I have used plenty of wine to help, but for the life of me, my laptop understands me less then).

Apparently, it can be real buggy but that doesn't bother me as long as it outputs correctly.

I thought that wine was in the libraries and tried to install it by using various methods taken from the web, but nothing works. And I'm not great with the command line yet.

Does anyone have any experience with Lightroom (3 or 4) on a linux system? Or Wine on Linux...or linux in general that can help me to get this SOB going?

Any help greatly appreciated.
B

No experience I'm afraid Barry, we only have one non-embeded Linux install and that runs a native database application. If you have your old Win 7 license, how about VMWare to run that under emulation and then install LR. Run in unity mode it would appear on the Linux desktop.

Thanks for reply Pete.
The laptops slow by todays standards and although I ran LR3 (with WIN7) on it successfully previously, I know that it will be just to slow for my really quick mouse finger! :)
Tbh, I've actually got Kali Linux on there because I enjoy knowing more about pen-testing, and with kali under VM, it messes with all
of my jazz.
I used to run TAILS or kali of a live distro and really loved it, but distro's are slow. I could partition the drive, but now...I hate windows.
Y'know, maybe I should just find another HDD and stop breaking my own balls.

Back