Macro and wide lens adapter for iPhone review

Thomas brookes

RPF Chief iPhone app Reviewer
The amazing array of photo processing apps that where being released on the app store at the surge of the iphoneograpy trend developers pushed software to create the ultimate inovative editing suite or effect app. As most things in this day and age it's only ever as good as the platform it's used on and I see a a slight lull in new original and innovative apps being brought to the Market. have the developers hit the top? We are yet to see that ultimate suite that knocks all other apps into touch but I'm sure some clever clogs is working on it.

So to my point.... As the app Market slowed down in regards to editing software the hardware add-on market has come into play tripods,projectors,and snap on lenses have given us all a thirst for more but with that came empty pockets. With lenses ranging from the £200 mark when they first hit the Market it put the chance of owning one completely out of reach for the average person Until now

Welcome the cheap as chips no brand no thrills macro/wide angle lens on eBay for the hefty price tag of £5.79 delivered
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180778949505?clk_rvr_id=307829686795&afsrc=1

Brilliantly simplistic the kit comes with 2 metal rings, Lens, lens cap, key ring fob.

211bcd4c.jpg

The metal ring is backed with Sticky tape that You place around the outside of the iphone lens as a permanent feature

The lens unit has a strong magnetic ring that then snaps to the ring on the phone
Hey presto ready to roll

For the wide lens you use the full unit or for macro you unscrew it and use the one half

The kit also comes with a disc key ring that attaches to the magnet of the lens when not in use

1a3710c5.jpg

bc3cbb83.jpg

So to the shots.

The old faithful zippo has come out to help as I'm pretty sure everyone world wide has seen one to judge scale. no editing with these shots and taken with camera+

The standard shot.
16226455.jpg

Wide lens.
03360690.jpg

Macro.
4026b1f6.jpg

Now I have literally had this a matter of hours and I'm sure in the right circumstances the wide angle will come in very handy but I'm so impressed with the macro. For a fiver I have just opened a whole new aspect to my iphoneography. Well worth a punt!!! I must add at this point due to the simplistic design I'm pretty sure this is compatable with many other mobile phones

Took this with the macro my better halfs eye
2b09ba81.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just found you can get a 3 piece set for about 15 sheets, macro, wide angle, and the fish eye. Sweet!!

Back