Microsoft ICE - Image Composite Editor - Panorama stitching

Mark Grant

Canon user
Had a quick play with the ICE program.

Took a few snaps while out for a walk on Sunday in the Countryside.

Not very good photos as they are snaps taken with a Fuji compact in EXR auto everything :)

12 photos of a tree in the distance that I look at every time we walk along the same route.

The 12 pictures where dragged and dropped into ICE and it works it out in a few seconds.
The pictures where not taken in any organised order as with a normal panoramic, I tried to confuse it as much as possible.

There are dark areas as the photos where not all the same exposure, it was just a test.

( Full size file on flickr)

DSCF9854_stitch2 by Mark G. in England, on Flickr

My wife then found some old holiday photos and dragged and dropped four of them into ICE, this took about 2 seconds for ICE to stitch and do an automatic crop.
Some of the sky is missing, but if doing it properly could be photo shopped.

IMG_0150_stitch by Mark G. in England, on Flickr

With some high quality photos this could be excellent.

there are some high quality examples on photosynth website where the photos can be exported to:
http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=6c0c98ee-145b-42c9-8757-4f4beb6a0039

Hi there
Thanks for your nice sharing.It is really good that this image editor is free to use.I am looking for an image editor for a long time.My previous image program is powerful enough but it is expensive for me.
So i want to get a free one.I want to know that if it is possible to work with my windows 8 setup?
Thanks.

Back