Critique Welcomed Moonrise Over Skagit Bay

I love the gentle colours in it, and the fact that there's JUST enough shadow detail to make out the skyline yet not so much that it looses its air of mystery.
Excellent, IMO!
Thank you Stevenson. I was concerned that what looked good in my monitor might look too light or dark on another. Your mention of the shadow detail helps.

concerned that what looked good in my monitor might look too light or dark on another
Ah. Yes... For context, my screen is calibrated/profiled with a SpyderXpro, and I have the screen set at quite low brightness, a little lower than suggested by the Spyder software as after months of intermittent fiddling and comparing to prints I found that seemed the best match all round. The screen is nothing special, although it does scrape a 100% sRGB gamut coverage which is kind of a comfortable minimum. I expect a better screen would pull out a few more details in the colours here and there, but this is fine for me.

Ah. Yes... For context, my screen is calibrated/profiled with a SpyderXpro, and I have the screen set at quite low brightness, a little lower than suggested by the Spyder software as after months of intermittent fiddling and comparing to prints I found that seemed the best match all round. The screen is nothing special, although it does scrape a 100% sRGB gamut coverage which is kind of a comfortable minimum. I expect a better screen would pull out a few more details in the colours here and there, but this is fine for me.
Thanks Stevenson. Unfortunately I have been forced by circumstances to place my desk and computer in a location that gets a lot of glare from windows on either side. Even when I close the blinds I am at a visual disadvantage unless it is a dark and gloomy day or it is nighttime. When I posted this image last night I could define the opposite coastline but in daylight no way.

Back