Motorcycles of my past

Shaun Haselden

Since 1976 I have owned over 25 motorcycles on and off. The two featured here are the two that impressed me the most. The Kawasaki H2C two stroke triple is an icon of the type and I was so lucky to have owned it back around 1994 for a year or three. The Ducati was an astonishingly good all rounder. It was fitted with carbon race cans and bellowed like an angry bear. I have an incredible fondness for that bike. Prior to that one I owned a 750SS, 600 Monster and 900 Monster. Another machine that impressed me way more than it should have was a Kawasaki 550 Zephyr. Stunning machine for ragging around rural Lincolnshire.

Attachments

• Kawasaki H2 750 Triple.jpg
    Kawasaki H2 750 Triple.jpg
    713.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Ducati 907ie.jpg
    Ducati 907ie.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 12
Interesting how many of the members here are seasoned motorcyclists, current and past. I feel that spirit of discovery runs through both photography and riding motorcycles. Great bikes Shaun, the Passo is one love or hate looks wise, but those older desmo's are great! Only tried a 600ss of that gen, but owned others. And that 2t is one of my grail bikes to ride- just to feel a triple 2t.

Wow, the creature of legend itself! I had a S1C 250 for years, was on it's 3rd rebore and 3rd crank by the time it finally wore out. How did you keep the alloy looking that good?

Back