Critique Welcomed My Little Brother And I Inside "The Bone Church"

Brian Moore

The Bone Church is actually the Sedlec Ossuary, in the town of Kutna Hora in Czech Republic. (http://www.sedlecossuary.com)

Canon F1 with Canon FD 17/4 and Ilford Delta 100 film that I processed in Rodinal. I placed the camera on a mantel (much like the one you see us leaning against in the photo below) and used the self-timer to snap the picture.

An excellent selfie Brian. :) I believe we may have been working on some samples of skulls etc from there just recently. We had a lady from the Czech Centre of Technical Excellence in Telč working with us for a month learning how to study the microbiology of bone and she had samples from several ossuaries in the Czech Republic with her.

An excellent selfie Brian. :) I believe we may have been working on some samples of skulls etc from there just recently. We had a lady from the Czech Centre of Technical Excellence in Telč working with us for a month learning how to study the microbiology of bone and she had samples from several ossuaries in the Czech Republic with her.
Thanks Pete. Interesting that you may have been working on bones from Sedlec. Certainly there are enough available to spare one or two for science. They say the bones of some 40,000 persons lie there.

Excellent. What exactly is an ossuary?
Thanks, Rob. See Pete's response for a definition of an ossuary.

Nice one Brian. That lens makes it look like you had a long run to get in the pic.
Thanks Glenn. Yes, you are correct. The distance is not as great as the wideness of the 17mm would suggest. But it worked beautifully in that space. (I enjoy that lens very much Glenn. Grateful! :))

Back