My new toy.

Russ Butner

F4C69554-F5D4-4CB0-A859-64479F01171D.jpeg Mint condition. I procured an MD-4 for it too.

57EA1996-18E3-4ADF-870F-13E510B2CEF6.jpeg I’m going to take the Tamron 17mm f/3.5 out for a spin. I’ve never given it a thorough testing...

6110443D-9D9A-4EDF-A55E-82A326CB043A.jpeg What a bonehead. I managed to break my own cardinal rule today. Never shoot an important or paying gig wth a piece of equipment that you don’t know thoroughly. I don’t know how it happened, but somehow the self timer on the F3 was engaged, and I didn’t know how to disengage it. Luckily, I also had the FE-2 and F100 to back me up until I could make a phone call to rectify my screw-up. Geez, that little self-timer is difficult to see . After the phone call, the F3 purred along flawlessly. Then off to enjoy a bit of “focusing fluid.”

Russ, how did you get on with the Tamron?
I am interested, having just acquired one for myself.

Chris

The weather hasn’t been conducive for testing. Hopefully very soon. Let me know how your results turn out. Which model did you get? You using film?

Thanks

Hi, I bought an immaculate copy of the first version with the inbuilt filters but no hood on mine. It arrived yesterday and we only got a vague facsimile of the sun in the sky for a few hours, so I managed to get about 20 shots off with some black & white film on my Spotmatic. Hopefully I can find some time today to do a bit more. Back to dull and dark weather today though!

Hi, I bought an immaculate copy of the first version with the inbuilt filters but no hood on mine. It arrived yesterday and we only got a vague facsimile of the sun in the sky for a few hours, so I managed to get about 20 shots off with some black & white film on my Spotmatic. Hopefully I can find some time today to do a bit more. Back to dull and dark weather today though!

On occasion, those hoods show up on the used market. Still awaiting decent weather here too. Maybe tomorrow. I’ll keep an eye out for the hood for you. The hood accepts 82mm filters.

Russ

9D036319-C5C8-43B4-95DC-ED718324E309.jpeg

At that price, I might just have to wing it!
I can see how something like that would be essential in your part of the world though.

I shall tell myself that the seller not shipping to the UK means that it's out of the question and if that fails, I'll mutter something about the dollar : sterling exchange rate.

43BB948B-3E31-4F1E-A301-DBEBDDA68C02.jpeg Let me know how your lens performs. Film or digital?

Back