New Darkroom Facility - Worcestershire

Ian Grant

I'm setting up a new darkroom facility in North Worcester shortly. I'll have a dedicated 13+" x12+" building, breeze block, pitch roof (so plenty of height) all insulated, professional power supply, double glazed windows (blacked out when needed).

The current plans is there will be 3 permanent enlargers and space for 2 more when needed. A large wet bench area and sink, print drying, mounting & framing, plus UV light source and contact frame for alternative processes.

Enlargers range from Durst M670, A600, to De Vere 5108, so formats from 35mm to 10x8 inches, colour and B&W. I've a few more enlargers when needed, Jobo, Durst, Johnsons, Gnome etc.

I'll be offering darkroom hire and also tuition, plus material sales and chemistry.

Ian

Sounds an exciting project Ian. I can imagine there might be a few local members interested. What heads to you have on the enlargers?

The De Vere 5108 has a Colour head, so does the Durst M670 and Durst M601, the A600 and Johnsons V45 are both condenser, the Jobo was a donation but is 6x6 with a colour head (also sold as an LPL), There's a few others all condenser.

Apart from the dark-room side I'll be offering LF tuition and have quite an array, I've been using LF since the mid 1970's.

I'll be offering a range of liquid & powder chemistry, mainly developers. I worked commercially as an emulsion and photo chemist for quite a few years,

Ian

I'm in Kidderminster. The Darkroom is still to be fitted out, I'm in the middle of exchanging contracts. There's a 33' 11" long garage at the new house and an additional large building at the bottom of the garden. The last 2 owners were electricians so there's ample electricity etc.

It's being listed on the Ilford/Harman Local Darkroom website, I might list it on the other one later.

When it's ready I'll invite the Worcestershire contingent ove.

Ian

At long last I now own the new darkroom building (and the rest of the property) and work can commence in about 10 days.

dk1.jpg

dk2.jpg

dk3.jpg

dk4.jpg

dk5.jpg

dk6.jpg

The windows are double glazed, I need to fix a slight roof leak and then batten it and plaster board. The fibre glass sink needs repainting, it came out of a Gold refinery and is heavily stained, then add a water supply and pipe work to pump the waste to drain.

I need to take some roof timber out to allow extra height for my De Vere 5108 enlarger (10"x8")
Hope to have it ready for an open day (to local Forum members) in June.

Ian

Back