New member from Los Angeles

Eric Smith

They say that "everything old is new again" and so it is with me. I started my photographic journey with my dad's Kodak 35 RF. I did the normal progression to a Canon FTBn and then dabbled in medium format with a Kowa 66 and Pentax 645. Back to 35mm with a Nikon 6006 and then into the digital world with a Nikon D100 and D90. Then came the Fujifilm 100, X-E2, T1, X70, and finally the X-Pro2.

After stumbling upon 35mmc.com, the bug was planted to go back to film. What started a few months back with a Nikon 8008s from eBay has balloned into a fairly large collection of vintage cameras. They all work and are all in great shape.

Right now, I am enjoying my Fujitsu GA 645, Nikon S2, and Zeus Ikon Tenax. I will post some images soon.

I was lucky to find a local camera repair shop that can repair just about anything. Don't know where this will take me, but I am having a blast!

Welcome to RPF Eric. I'm not far from you (Huntington Beach). Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

Oh,...nearly forgot to ask: Who/where is the camera repair shop you mentioned? Thanks.

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum. I still have a Nikon 8008s lying around the house and a data back for it!

Looking forward to the images.

Back