Nižná Slaná

Quite interesting photos, Detlef. I especially like the first one, that tall building with that roof! It is good to know that the local people want to preserve the site. I know of similar mining sites in Italy that have been saved and reused thanks to the involvement of former workers and local residents.

I do so love abandoned industrial buildings (sad though their loss may be). The way you have rendered them is very effective I think. I especially like the deep foreground in the first as it really helps to ‘amplify’ the scale of the building itself. The composition of the second is wonderful too. I like the way that mid-foreground shadow on the right complements the leading line of the conveyer on the left. The hint that nature is taking over in the last is very effective as well.

Quite interesting photos, Detlef. I especially like the first one, that tall building with that roof! It is good to know that the local people want to preserve the site. I know of similar mining sites in Italy that have been saved and reused thanks to the involvement of former workers and local residents.
Thanks Gianluca.
Yes, it is good to preserve it. It is a a lot of work to do, there were only few people that afternoon to see. Luckily, one of them worked as a miner in the german ruhr area for a long time, spoke german very well. He could explain, what was going on.

I do so love abandoned industrial buildings (sad though their loss may be). The way you have rendered them is very effective I think. I especially like the deep foreground in the first as it really helps to ‘amplify’ the scale of the building itself. The composition of the second is wonderful too. I like the way that mid-foreground shadow on the right complements the leading line of the conveyer on the left. The hint that nature is taking over in the last is very effective as well.
Thanks Pete.
The composition was mainly determined by the 20 mm lens I used. It was on the camera still from the previous day and I thought it was good for the first photo shown here. The area was large and safeguarded by a fence, not allowing to go closer. Nevertheless, it was looking interesting and I was going on with the 20 mm lens being too lazy to go back to the parking lot for another lens.

Back