Critique Welcomed Off Limits To The Public

Brian Moore

In the Church of St. Barbara in Kutna Hora, Czech Republic.

The door to this room was closed but there was a tiny window, just 3x3 inches square, that I peeped through and saw this room. I put the lens to the window and held the shutter open about 5 seconds I think, using the window to stabilize the camera.

Holga 120N and Fomapan 100 film that I processed in Rodinal.

A good thing the door was shut it seems. Worked out very well Brian, at fist I thought what brilliant post shading. One advantage of the Holga it does it all for you. Excellent image.

Thanks a lot, Julian. And you're right, the Holga takes care of the vignetting for you. The only thing I did to this image was to sharpen it a little and I removed a couple of dust spots. Thanks again, Julian.

Last edited:
Beautiful Holga result Brian. I wonder what lies beyond the arch and what is in those cupboard doors. The light on the floor, is that from an opening above Brian?
But you're right; a successful Holga need little or no processing an that is what I enjoy about it mostly.

Beautiful Holga result Brian. I wonder what lies beyond the arch and what is in those cupboard doors. The light on the floor, is that from an opening above Brian?
But you're right; a successful Holga need little or no processing an that is what I enjoy about it mostly.
Thanks, Tom. Honestly I do not know the source of the light in the foreground. Sorry. (I had a feeling you would like this image, Tom. Hope I have redeemed myself from my inadvertant percieved anti-holga gaff of yesterday.;))

But if only you'd tied the camera to a piece of string and thrown it though the window with the self-timer on we'd have know what was through the other door too. :rolleyes:
No need for drastic measures, Pedro, I've figured out what's back there. Its a brewery of course! What else could it be?:)

Back