Pentax Spotmatic

Daniel Matthews

5729958555_a552b637aa_z.jpg

A few months ago I bought myself my second film camera (first was a Pentax PZ-10). I simply fell in love with the Pentax Spotmatic the second I saw in on eBay which lead me on a 6 month chase after losing 9 cameras to other people on auctions I finally managed to get hold of one.

I will post more shots one I have sorted through them to eliminate all of the bad shots.

mmmm spotmatic ... ive always wanted one ... so many great old lenses to choose from ... search on ebay for m42 and fill your boots! look out for "asahi takumar" ... not that im speaking from huge experience ... but blimey, the amount of old boys that have come through the doors of the shop that tell me about the wonderful qualities of such lenses!

Ahhhh! My first real camera. Had three of them. First was stolen from my car in 1968. 2nd and 3rd lasted a long time. Even bounced one in water twice and later dropped it down a rocky slope for 200 feet or so and they kept on tickin. I had a 50mm f 1.4 (?) lens and a 105 mm. Loved those a lot and carried those cameras to a bunch of summits. Hope you have a good time with yours.

Haha, it's quite an old camera and had it's fair amount of usage before I got hold of it. I was too keen to go and start shooting before I had even considered cleaning it up a bit. Hopefully the next batch of photos will be better and dust-free!

It won't be the camera ... It'll be the low level of care taken at your d&p shop!
I clean mine with washing up liquid ... Not sure your supposed to but it seems to prevent the water marks from washing with just water

Back