Photography and philosophy.

Ivar Dahl-Larsen

It took me some years to realize that you can’t please them all,
DSCF0974.jpg
whether it is photography or whatever else. So I guess it shall have to be about pleasing one self and in doing so, maybe please another soul as well, in the process and in sharing it. One or two maybe.
When one becomes of age and do not stand out as a celebrity in photography or anything else for that matter. Knowing we have not reached the great hall of fame. We can always hope for it after departure though, as many have. If anyone finds the hidden treasures in shoeboxes or old harddrives. It has happen before you know.
the tree of wisdom.jpg
The tree of wisdom.
But apart from that and as we still breathe we can at least amuse ourselves and share as well as not take oneself too seriously doing so. ( We may think we have created art, but leave that sentiment to yourself ). It is after all the curiosity, the hunt, the observations, the decisive moment and the final click that drives us, at least me. And not to mention the amusement when discovering the failures that reveal themselves in front of me. Therefore one tends to spread a variety of images out there and here because there are so much that has interested one self. It could be just colours, ( albeit not proper to all ), funny creatures, nice architecture, funny incidents, beautiful flowers and landscapes to mention a few and the final thought of having something in common with you all out there. The hardest part however, is to comment on something or rather an image. You may like it, or you may not even understand why that someone presented it, ‘cause disliking is going too far unless it is totally rude. But overall photography here should be firstly, a good thing shared among people whom we think we have come to know or at least, come to like. So please excuse me if I haven’t commented on every image or have had nothing more to say other than I like it. Why on earth shall we always explain ourselves to death. A like is by me a token of appreciation just as much as a lot of fine words. But I do appreciate a funny remark at times.
Cannibals.jpg

Love the pic of the lighthouse, wonderful sky.

You speak wise words sir. As to what is or is not art, well... bring a bottle and I will happily debate that for many hours, as I have done with others before. On that subject, I would like to take Damien Hirst gently by the throat and explain to him that that is not "The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living".... it is just a dead shark. :)

Back