Pinhole Experiment

I was discussing pinhole photography with Vic the other day as he has recently been experimenting with a pinhole cap. This image was made with thee pinhole plate in a Lensbaby. Not a great setup some interesting seeds on a black cloth under a roof light) but I wanted to try something to share as I'd only done few test shots before with this optic. As you can see it is pretty soft as is typical for a pinhole. I processed it with a strongish vignette as interestingly the pinhole itself didn't give an especially strong vignette on a D3 and I had to crop the image to get the clutter out of the way. Still, an interesting effect and I might play with it further at the weekend.

PinholeSeeds-1.jpg

Thats interesting, it seems a little sharper then mine but not much, so maybe I'll try some more with mine after all.

I have a wooden pin hole camera I must crack out and use sometime!
Tom was making a nikon fit pin lens for us to play with ... Must find out how it's going...
I made on once by drilling a hole in a nikon body cap then fixing a bit of tin foil over the hole and jabbing a tiny hole in it ... Worked quite well to be fair ... Take a bit of experimenting when you don't have any clue what size the hole is ... Still, all fun with digital!

Back