Aaron J. Heiner

Case of reaction shot with the Bessa R, I hadn't much time to play with framing, yet alone exposure or focus. Sorry about the QR code, it was sorta my watermark, web page link years ago when I had a separate web page for US street photography. This was taken at Gravelly Point, (DCA) Washington DC.

Attachments

• 358.jpg
    358.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 17
I'd've wished I could have had him framed in there better.

Agreed to what Rob says and I am baffled at your quick response with a manual camera like the Bessa to achieve this image. Very well done!

I hyper focus the Bessa the same way I do with the Fujis. I'm pretty much set at f/11 and everything from 10' (3m) to infinite is in focus.

I agree Pete, it was the first reaction or rather swear under my breath too when I got back home and looked at it on the PC. Quite honestly, I was not particularly happy with the components out of frame. Had been testing a few Jupiter lenses and had just switched from one to another when the US Airways A319 came in on final. He must have really been close to the tail of the preceding American B737, cause I judged I should have had at least 45 seconds between those two planes. Had I been at the end of the tarmac in the 737 and saw the 319 that close, I would probably have had to high tail it on to the taxiway in a huff.

Back