Critique Required Raw Therapee / Sony RX100 Serendipity

Paul Lange

I have a copy of Raw Therapee on my work laptop that I don't really use, I just use the laptop to back my memory cards up. While having a quiet night in the hotel room I started to use it too see if I could get anything different from LR. For some reason with the RX100 files the previews look fine until you edit the image and then you get strange colour shifts and an effect that is a bit similar I suppose to a fogged negative or paper. I managed to corrected for some of the fog effect but could not correct the colour shifts. After a while I started to get used to them although maybe they do look a bit too grungy.

Just wondered what people thought about the effect. These were all taken in Tripoli.

_DSC1679.jpg by Paul R Lange, on Flickr

Maybe this is a little too dark? The fog effect comes back if I try to lighten it.

_DSC1606.jpg by Paul R Lange, on Flickr

This needs re-cropping I think but I cant decide if it is the top or bottom that should go?

_DSC1601.jpg by Paul R Lange, on Flickr

This is a much tighter crop than I wanted but there was too many distracting things in the background that I could not do anything about

_DSC1526.jpg by Paul R Lange, on Flickr

Not 100% about this one, I was just taken aback that someone lived there. What you can't see is that round the other side of the building half the wall is missing!

_DSC1509.jpg by Paul R Lange, on Flickr

looks a little like film. especially on the last, which is my favorite. but it would annoy the crap out of me if that wasn't the look i wanted. i think i would prefer the bottom cropped out on number 3, but like you said, it could go either way. where were these taken?

The images are really nice Paul and I like the effect, but I have not come accross this "fogging" or colour shifts like this with my rx100?

1st and 3rd, Paul. Different, but expressive light and colors. :)

Back