Ray has landed from Wiltshire.

Ray Bullen

Hello,

My name is Ray and I’m married to Michele. Together we live in the beautiful cathedral city of Salisbury.

DSC_0121.v2.jpg

See what I mean?

I got hooked on taking pictures a long time ago, courtesy of an Ilford Sporti 4 and a trip to the Tower of London with my Dad. As I write this, I have beside me on my table a rather pretty Olympus Trip loaded with some Kodak Gold, an amazing Sony nex 5r with a 28mm Tamron adaptall 2 lens on it and my One + one mobile phone. The appeal for me has always been the mix of creativity and technical in photography, not that I always recognised that. Today I find the photographic world more exciting than ever with so many diverse ways to make and display images. From film to phone, what a lucky time to be a photographer.

I hope that doesn’t sound too pretentious.

Oh, and to convince you I’m really odd, I like computers, using Linux and Chrome OS laptops. I also promise to find an avatar.

Ray Bullen

Welcome, Ray. I'm glad you found us. :) And what a great introduction; not pretentious at all, but very well put. Lovely image too - Salisbury is a lot wetter than I remember! ;)

I hope you enjoy the forum and I'm looking forward to sharing the passion for image making with you. :)

How pleasant that you embrace the film and digital worlds equally. Fine intro, Ray, and a beautiful first image to post. (I love how the shape of that dark cloud compliments the tree line.) Welcome!

Welcome, Ray. Great to have you here, and a fine first contribution, I must say. I love the different shades of green in the photo, especially the dark water in the foreground. Which camera did you use for this image? I have a Trip somewhere - great wee camera. But I'm thinking this might be your Nex?

Thank you everybody. Nice to meet you all. Not sure I can actually claim to embrace film and digital equally yet Brian, it's more of a slow return. Still I'm working on it...

Welcome Ray! Good to see you here... I think you will like it here, a good bunch of folks... And me... only once in a blue moon though these days...

And as I have again joined the ranks of the image makers here, some with Helgas, pin holes, old phones, you name it, I also heartily welcome you and look forward to your contributions here. After all it is the image and the joy of making it that is the name of the game I guess as well as sharing it with friends, as here! All the best to you.

Back