Recommend me......

Dan Cattermole

Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble
....... A self film processing kit.
There's only one draw back why I'm not using film as much as I should..... And that's developement costs!
Times are hard, passion is expanding, and finances have frozen whilst the painstaking cost of breathing in our modern society is increasing..... Anyway, sob story over.

I'm looking for a developement kit for 35mm film, including the fluids, barrel, and the neg scanner etc, and have no idea what's the best for money. Could anyone help with some recommendations, links, products etc?
Thanks folks :)

OK, assuming black and white. You'll need a film changing bag, a tank and some chemistry. I assume you don't have a scanner so you need a way to get negatives into the digital domain. So how about a cheap slide copier.

Film Changing DarkRoom Bag Dark Room Load 23.6 x 21.6" | eBay

Film development kit | eBay

35mm Jessops Slide Copier for Olympus SLR Camera | eBay

Or even just a small lightbox and a macro lens.

Lightbox - Designed for Viewing Transparencies / Photos / Art / Tracing / Crafts | eBay

Chemistry is relatively cheap. Stop and fix keep for ages and something like ID11 will as well when kept in a closed bottle.

SDS always ahas some interesting stuff and I'm sure he'd recommend a cheap kit for you. He a really nice and very honest guy.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for that pete, some bargains to be had there. That's what I'm talking about!! Nice one! :)
I would really appreciate that Hamish, I haven't got a foggiest. I'll probably smash the canister with a hammer, rip the film out with my teeth, and look at it through the sun and say, Ooohh, well there's no pictures on this strip! . Hahaha!

Yeah, that's what I would call a fail!
I'll get some chems and chow you with my stuff first if you like

6646b1fc.jpg

And if you want to play in the dark.......................room and do a print I could help you out for the cost of a bottle...............and not the Hamish budget white :D:D:D

Last edited:
Thanks guys, gonna really get into this film developing, it's so interesting!
Kev, I would love to see how a print is done, dark room and all that, I'm not shy of the dark, although, I feel more comfortable wearing a mask..... Would that be okay? Lol :D
Hamish, I would really like some teaching. New school with developing, couldn't ya tell? :p
You shown me that tub before, and I never realised you could get kits like that untill then.
I love using film guys, but always left it to others to do the dirty work. :) :)

Dan the mask would be fine, but don't scare the neighbours.....................but first you need to get Hamish to give you your first lesson...................:D..............and this could be a way of ensuring you don't win........they call it method in the madness :D:D:D

Seriously my setup is modest but works and you are more than welcome. the non cheap bottle fee still stands :D

No probs Kev, do share an idea of what thou consumes. :p :p
Doesn't matter about the setup bieng modest, as long as it works that's great! Lol
Hamish is up to his eyeballs in dust and lack of wall at the moment, so I might leave it a week untill I come knocking on the door for a tutorial. I've got a couple of rolls to develope already. :)
I'm out and about this Sunday on an exploration mission if you fancy it Hamish or anyone for that matter. (maybe not Hamish yet) :)

If Hamish is busy I can always step in, the fee will be the same................Wow BOGOFF now BOGOFF.................now that can't be bad.........i do issues detentions mind ;)

Detentions.... Now that's a that's a word I've heard many many times during my school years. Lol
Oh, I can't find any BOGOF offers on an 'expensive' bottle, so you may just have to settle with one. Lol
Cool, well I'll get the kit and all the bits needed and then I'll drop a line. :)

More like the floor.... Hang on... You haven't even got that according to the pics! Lol.
Okay, let me find out what I'm doing this Sunday. I'll get back to you dude. :)

Back