RIP David Bowie

Yes Pete, truly one of a kind and unique with what I believe to be decent social values as well. He not only gave a lot of people enjoyment through his music but also shaped a lot of peoples lives as well for the better, that I am sure..

I've been very upset all day. I saw his Aladdin Sane tour of 1974 when it came to Dundee. It's no overstatement to say that night changed my life. It really did. Bought a guitar soon after. Bought all his albums up until the Let's Dance thing happened. But I've been listening to and loving his latest. It's very powerful, even more so now.

Favourite Bowie? Toss up between Ziggy Stardust album and the Heroes album.

Took Rhona to the Bowie exhibition at the V&A, and it was great to see her realise how all the pop stars of her generation formed a mere footnote to his work. His influence on fashion is as immense as his influence on music.

Thanks for the memories, David.

And he even made the banjo cool:

(one minute in)

Rhona is at the Brixton memorial gathering tonight. She's bottom of the first. Looks like Bowie has a new generation of fans...

That about sums it up Rob he was, is not of a generation , but generations by showing and connecting with those innate universal fragile parts of a human being, not just of our time.
I personally liked what came across to me was his vulnerability, acceptance of being unsure, enquiring, inventive, to provoke without provoking and not too be to certain about anything which allows discovery.

Back