RPF LR4 Lightroom Preset Repository

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
Id like to start compiling a repository of LR4 presets.
It will be available as a zip download...
The idea being that we who use LR4 and who have greater experience of its functionality can share some nice presets with the less experienced among us ...
Beth, who seems to have skills toward the "more advanced" end of the scale of user has promised to send me 4 ... I have a few I can share ... any more for any more?
I will eventually add the download to this post...

If you can send them to me at hamish@realphotographersforum.com

Also if you could post before and after pictures in this thread that would be ace!

Cheers

Edit:

Here is the Download of the first 15 presets! Please Feel free to explore and post your before and after photos in this thread.

They have been renamed, as will any submitted, to fit within what I hope is quite an obvious system.
Some are starting points, some are a little more ... but in my opinion should always be tweaked.
The above download will be updated as an when I receive more.

Last edited:
I created a pre-set for inverting my image ie turning a negative into a positive due there apparently not being a button to invert the image - which seems odd lol.

*queues up for awesome presets* :)

The Invert B&W Negative preset converts a scanned (but uninverted) B&W negative into a straight uncorrected positive. It works by doing a linear tone inversion as shown in the screen shot below the before and after images. Thanks to David Mitchell for the donor image.

This will also invert a colour negative but will not correct for the base colour of the emulsion.

Before

DavidM-1-1.jpg

After

DavidM-1-3.jpg

Screen shot showing Levels Inversion - note Linear is the selected mode

Screenshot2012-11-26at182556.png

Preset to follow.

Last edited:
I'm going to clear crap out of this thread ... As you may have seen, I want it purly for demos of presets and comments thereon please :)

lol, not sure about the "more advanced" stuff, but here's my before and afters. feel free to retro-engineer them and laugh at how simple they are.

the 4 that i've submitted are just starting points, you'll need to make some exposure adjustments after adding the preset for most of your photos. the examples below are just the presets, no other adjustments were made.

sooc:
before.jpg

b&w:
after b&w.jpg

faded b&w film:
after faded b&w film.jpg

faded color film:
after faded color film - normal color.jpg

faded color film with warm highlights and cool shadows:
after faded color film.jpg

sepia:
after sepia.jpg

Last edited:
Updated, three more added ...

An example

Before

hamish-gill-albums-other-images-articles-picture3831-8003307-2.jpg

After with: Tone - 5 Shape - (Hamish Gill), Toned Mono - beige blend (Hamish Gill), Effect - My Perfect Grain (Hamish Gill), White Balance Shift - 12k for BW (Hamish Gill)

hamish-gill-albums-other-images-articles-picture3832-8003307-3.jpg

Attachments

• _8003307-3.jpg
    _8003307-3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 31
  • _8003307-2.jpg
    _8003307-2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 32
Back