Critique Welcomed Sadie Spots A Jogger

Brian Moore

You can plainly see Sadie's bandage in this image.

The story: It began in late 2012, and since then the poor thing has been through the ringer. First, surgery to remove a sarcoma that developed on her right front leg. Daily chemo tablets and monthly vet check ups followed. A year later almost exactly, surgery to remove another sarcoma that had developed on the same leg. After that she went through a series of "definitive radiation" treatments (18 of them over the course of three weeks) on that leg that we hope will have destroyed any remaining cancer cells. However, the radiation softened up the very thin skin at the elbow, and it being a pressure point, a hole developed. So that led to the vet having to apply a bandage every week for a couple of months until the skin around hole had grown back enough that they could close it. Once closed, she had a cast on that leg to keep it stiff. She had the cast on for about a month. Now back to bandages again. So, this past Wednesday the vet showed my wife and I how to apply the bandage. Henceforward we'll be changing the bandage each week ourselves, with hopefully only a monthly vet visit. Unfortunately the prognosis is that Sadie's leg will likely have to remain bandaged the rest of her life. But we still have her and as you might get from this picture she is an alert and active beasty. Happy too I think.

Olympus XA and Arista UDU 400 film.

The poor doggie. No animal deserves that. Hopefully she is not in pain now Brian. How old is she.
This is a lovely shot Brian and she has the ears up as she focuses on the jogger.
This is a coincidence because this morning I prepared some doggie pictures and I'll post one when I get back; have to rush now as I'm being called!

The poor doggie. No animal deserves that. Hopefully she is not in pain now Brian. How old is she.
This is a lovely shot Brian and she has the ears up as she focuses on the jogger.
This is a coincidence because this morning I prepared some doggie pictures and I'll post one when I get back; have to rush now as I'm being called!
Thanks Tom. She's 13 now, Tom. But she looks about 7. (13 is the new 7?) Her ears are always up, by the way. When she was a pup, before she had grown into her ears, she looked a little like mule deer!:D Thanks again, Tom. Looking forward to your doggie foties.

I'm sorry Brian, but I think someone is more focused on the jogger. I am sure you have a picture and a more sympathetic one of your dog, the right way.:D The picture is good though!

Like this a lot Brian, yes so alert, and fantastic to see. The jogger looks like a walker to me , heels down first ? Maybe a learner, jogger.

Hopefully Sadie is on the mend now and maybe you should buy her a Kindle so she can read more a move around a little less?

Great photo too.
Thanks Paul. She's not out of the woods yet but we're doing what we can and keeping our fingers crossed. As to the Kindle,...we thought about that and gave the idea a trial run with an i-Pad as a stand-in. She clearly prefers analogue, though. ;)

She certainly look alert and happy and I think she may have spotted one of those arm-band iPod holder thingies on the jogger and I suspect she is mulling over the possibilities of talking book downloads; I have noticed less images taken on the way to the library of late and I suspect Sadie's appetite for fine literature and philosophical treaties has been somewhat neglected!

You are correct, Pedro, library visits have been fewer of late. However, I believe I detect in your response a veiled suggestion of neglect. Please take a moment to disavow yourself instantaniously of any such notion. Nothing could be further from the truth. (I am turning the computer screen away from Sadie lest she see what you said, for if she saw it I have no doubt she would jump immediately to my defence, such is her love for and devotion to myself.) No,...the reason we have had fewer library visits--not that I feel I need to explain, but I shall--is that my dear little epicure has been, ahem,...devouring larger tracts of prose of late, thus rendering the need for library visits less frequent. For example, she is currently nearly finished with Les Miserable, and before that she took in Atlas Shrugged. Both are lengthy books, which she prefers to ingest at a steady and deliberate pace, in order to, ahem,...digest them more thoroughly. So there! :p

Back