Selenium Callas I

The final print from the Calla Lily Theme on B&W film I think. This was a group of orange Callas on a white background. I printed the full frame onto the paper and included the edge of the film again and have cropped it close to that to give the ragged edge effect.

Calla-9_zpsskabtlfk.jpg~original

The original image was shot onto Ilford Delta 100 using a Hasselblad 503CW + 60mm Zeiss Distagon CFi f1:3.5 + 8mm extension tube, 1/60s at f1:8.0. The negative was developed in Ilford ID11 and printed onto Ilford MGIV FB Matt paper (16" x 12") using a Devere 507 enlarger fitted with a Heiland Split-Grade controller + 80mm Apo-Rodagon enlarging lens (at f1:11), 60s at G4. The paper was developed in Ilford MG developer for 2 minutes and then fixed and washed. I then bleached the print to lighten the background and highlights a touch and re-devleoped it. After washing and drying, the print was toned using Fotospeed Selenium Toner (100 ml / litre) to give a touch more contrast and to keep the tones cool. The print was copied using a Hasselblad 503CW + 50mm Zeiss Distagon CF f1:4.0 onto a PhaseOne P20 back. The raw file was processed to a 16 bit TIFF file using CaptureOne Pro and this was then imported into Lightroom. If I do print it again I might burn in the highlights on the LH lily a touch more.

Yes, take the price. I guess you are looking for the 2nd and third as well. The title gives hope to see number II and III as well.
Great photo and what an overall process.

Excellent Pete, I do like the balance three gives over the images that had two lilies. Not to mention the lovelyness of the aesthetics.

Back