Selling Images

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Yesterday I put this one my FaceBook page, and have sold three images already:

========================================================
Selling my images: If anyone wants to buy one of my images, there are two ways you can do so:

1. For £10 (paypal or cheque) I will send you a high-quality file. You can take it on a usb stick or similar to a print shop (e.g. Boots in the UK) and make a print. A TIFF file could be anything between 40 and 100 MBs, whereas a jpeg could be as little as 20 kbs. On a screen they would look pretty much the same, but there would be a massive difference when printed.

2. I will get the print done for you by a professional company - I use The Print Space (http://www.theprintspace.co.uk) - and we can discuss the size and type of paper used, and the mounting and framing. The price varies widely. The final result will look very professional.

I could, of course, mix 1 and 2, by sending you the high-quality image file, and you can contact The Print Space by yourself, or some other such company. When I get my own prints made by The Print Space, I take the print to a local framer, Martin Stuart, 70 Inverleith Row Edinburgh, who does a professional service at a lower price point.

Just write to me privately to discuss.
========================================================

Two people opted for the £10 email - I actually ended up creating a Dropbox link. One person wants me to organise a Print Space print, and she will get it framed at her local framer.

I've only ever sold one image before - for £2 to a friend - so suddenly I'm flushed with success!

My profit either way is £10 per image. It won't make me rich, but it's a start. I have an online place for selling my stuff, but haven't sold one thing. But I have earned the right to be called a Professional Photographer! ;)

Back