Shadows...

I think it's excellent, Stevenson. If it were me I think I'd be inclined to crop it tighter in order to eliminate the receding wall (the one with the window) on the left. But overall it's a smashing picture. (What's causing the bright spot in the right-side shadow?)

I think it's excellent, Stevenson. If it were me I think I'd be inclined to crop it tighter in order to eliminate the receding wall (the one with the window) on the left. But overall it's a smashing picture. (What's causing the bright spot in the right-side shadow?)
Thanks Brian! Re the crop, I'd come to the same conclusion after I posted it on Instagram which cropped it square... it works well.
On the original colour image (from my D750) that bright spot is green and clearly a reflection off something... maybe a car? I didn't really notice it at the time.

Now, I must confess that there was a little trickery involved in this image! ;)Both shadows are myself... standing in the same spot too, but lit by two different streetlights. I just took two photos with my spare arm in different positions and layered them together in GIMP. BTW the grain isn't added - just the result of ISO 12800 and a lot of added contrast.

Thanks Brian! Re the crop, I'd come to the same conclusion after I posted it on Instagram which cropped it square... it works well.
On the original colour image (from my D750) that bright spot is green and clearly a reflection off something... maybe a car? I didn't really notice it at the time.

Now, I must confess that there was a little trickery involved in this image! ;)Both shadows are myself... standing in the same spot too, but lit by two different streetlights. I just took two photos with my spare arm in different positions and layered them together in GIMP. BTW the grain isn't added - just the result of ISO 12800 and a lot of added contrast.
It just dawned on me - the spot is lens flare from a bright light out of frame.

Back