Critique Welcomed Speicherstadt again!

Bill Watts

I have a fascination with the bridges and canals in this area of town. A trial run of Fomapan classic film in my Exakta TL 1000 - technically a Petri FT 1000 badge engineered for Ihagee West Germany and sold under their Exakta brand. It has an M42 lens mount instead of an Exakta mount and stop down metering. I believe these were the last Exakta branded cameras sold. Not to be confused with the Exakta RTL1000, which was a soviet built camera and the forerunner of the very long lived and successful Praktica L series of cameras.

Camera: Exakta TL 1000, nee Petri FT 1000
Lens: Pentacon "Electric" 29mm f2.8 (a re engineered Meyer Optic Orestegon)
Exposure: f11, 1/125s ISO 100 metred with the camera meter.
Film: Fomapan Classic ISO 100
Process: Developer Kodak HC-110 dilution b
Scanned: Epson Perfection V600 Photo
Software: Epson Scan II, Affinity Photo

Despite the camera being a Japanese Petri and the lens being a soviet copy of an Orestegon, the images the combination produce are very good. Meyer Optic had a very good reputation back then and are still in business today producing some very fine and expensive lenses.

TL 1000 _25.jpg

Last edited:
So much more "punch" than your Olympus version but the light is more favourable of course. But that lens looks the business nevertheless. I like to shoot the same subjects on different cameras to give a useful comparison, as here. I didn't know the TL 1000 was a re-badged Petri.

So much more "punch" than your Olympus version but the light is more favourable of course. But that lens looks the business nevertheless. I like to shoot the same subjects on different cameras to give a useful comparison, as here. I didn't know the TL 1000 was a re-badged Petri.
I just hit the sweet spot on the lens with this one!

Much better this photo of the subject, both for the framing and the perfect sharpness, in my opinion. Congratulations on a job well done.

Back