Street food

Bill Watts

Still on my holiday in Singapore. Dining out in style last night at an eatery on the corner of Upper Thomson Road and Sing Ming Road, next to the "talk cock, Sing song" bar (to "Talk Cock" is the local euphemism for BSing!)
SK Seafood Restaurant. I used to frequent this eatery when I lived around the corner on Jalan Ikan Merah (Red Fish Road).
In my opinion, despite being a seafood restaurant, they serve the best pork ribs and rice in town.

20240926_185511.jpg

20240926_191625.jpg

20240926_185935.jpg
Strangely there are no bones in pork ribs!

My current medical condition of not being able to swallow, means I can’t eat. Now, I’m such a masochist, I spend too much time watching the Food channel on a big wide-screen tv in the hospital. The reason I’m mentioning this is a series by John Torrode (of Masterchef fame) doing a culinary tour of the Far East (do they call it that there?) and these photos could have been stills from the series. Red fish also features a lot. The whole series and your photos, Bill, have me drooling. It might take me a couple of months of exercises to get back to eating, but I look forward to visiting Edinburgh’s finest Asian restaurants as soon as possible.

Still on my holiday in Singapore. Dining out in style last night at an eatery on the corner of Upper Thomson Road and Sing Ming Road, next to the "talk cock, Sing song" bar (to "Talk Cock" is the local euphemism for BSing!)
SK Seafood Restaurant. I used to frequent this eatery when I lived around the corner on Jalan Ikan Merah (Red Fish Road).
In my opinion, despite being a seafood restaurant, they serve the best pork ribs and rice in town.

View attachment 20492

View attachment 20493

View attachment 20494
Strangely there are no bones in pork ribs!
Very nice set of pictures, makes me want to go. Lovely colours too.

My current medical condition of not being able to swallow, means I can’t eat. Now, I’m such a masochist, I spend too much time watching the Food channel on a big wide-screen tv in the hospital. The reason I’m mentioning this is a series by John Torrode (of Masterchef fame) doing a culinary tour of the Far East (do they call it that there?) and these photos could have been stills from the series. Red fish also features a lot. The whole series and your photos, Bill, have me drooling. It might take me a couple of months of exercises to get back to eating, but I look forward to visiting Edinburgh’s finest Asian restaurants as soon as possible.
Sorry to hear that you are still crook. hopefully well on the road to recovery. I think they refer to it as Asia here! Although the food can get a little unusual her at times!

Back