The Humber Estuary towards Spurn Point...

Shaun Haselden

Another site of special scientific interest, the Humber Estuary is a typical river estuary full of mud and salt marsh. Shown here are a few yachts from the Humber Mouth Yacht Club. Very silent, very strange.

Attachments

• The Humber Estuary towards Spurn Point Lincolnshire England.jpg
    The Humber Estuary towards Spurn Point Lincolnshire England.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 8
Another shot of the Humber Estuary.

Attachments

• Haile Fort and the Humber Estuary Lincolnshire England.jpg
    Haile Fort and the Humber Estuary Lincolnshire England.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 9
Another memory filled image for me Shaun. I lived in Grimsby for many years and the sea fort you have captured was always a significant feature of the estuary.

Another memory filled image for me Shaun. I lived in Grimsby for many years and the sea fort you have captured was always a significant feature of the estuary.
As a kid growing up in Lincolnshire the only place we could all afford to holiday back in the early/mid 60's was 'The Fitties' at Humberston. As you know, a strange collection of plotlander chalets and a mishmash of shops and entertainment. I used to love going crabbing with my father along the old iron jetty from WWII that stretched from Haile sand fort to the dunes constantly being bombarded by the sound of Seagulls and Terns and that constant clatter of the yacht rigging. Then there was the smell of the sea and crisp, fresh air. I'm getting old, we're all getting old ! None of us are heading in the other direction. Time only goes one way. We were so lucky.

As a kid growing up in Lincolnshire the only place we could all afford to holiday back in the early/mid 60's was 'The Fitties' at Humberston. As you know, a strange collection of plotlander chalets and a mishmash of shops and entertainment. I used to love going crabbing with my father along the old iron jetty from WWII that stretched from Haile sand fort to the dunes constantly being bombarded by the sound of Seagulls and Terns and that constant clatter of the yacht rigging. Then there was the smell of the sea and crisp, fresh air. I'm getting old, we're all getting old ! None of us are heading in the other direction. Time only goes one way. We were so lucky.
Tempus fugit indeed.

Back