The Old Tile Works Artisan Village

Shaun Haselden

I've been quite busy for the last few months so haven't been here for many weeks but I have just completed this that was taken during 2018. The location was The Old Tile Works at Barton Upon Humber in Lincolnshire. It is also known as the Artisan Village where craftsmen and women work at their speciality. It goes without saying I suppose that this is a shot of a potter at his wheel. The clay he uses for his craft is dredged from the banks of the River Humber 100 yards or so from this actual place. I did ask for permission to shoot a sequence of images.

Attachments

• The Old Tile Works Barton Upon Humber 2018.jpg
    The Old Tile Works Barton Upon Humber 2018.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 15
Here's a rework of a Whitby Goth weekend scene that I shot back around October of this year. This woman has so much character.

Attachments

• Whitby Goth October 2018 No1.jpg
    Whitby Goth October 2018 No1.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 11
Wow! Those are just amazing, they look more like pen and ink drawings than photos. How do you achieve that effect?
I am seriously impressed. The potter loks like a man who is at one with his materials, a true craftsman. The goth lady is just beautiful.
Well done!

Dave, they are both straight digital images that have then been processed using HDR software. I love the HDR look on portraits but not much of anything else. Thank you for your comments Dave. The potter was such a good subject to just sit and study. He turns out pots every ten minutes or so. Amazing photo opportunity.

Here's another shot of a jazz guitarist with the band Djanco based in Lincoln. Image was shot at a venue in Cleethorpes on a Sunday during their jazz events.

Attachments

• Djanco the band Lincoln.jpg
    Djanco the band Lincoln.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 6
I really don't do much photography output in colour but there is of course always the exception. Last year I was asked to shoot a drumming event a few tens of miles from where I live by a group called Humber Taiko. This is just one of the final images.

Attachments

• Humber Taiko Drummer Scunthorpe 2017.jpg
    Humber Taiko Drummer Scunthorpe 2017.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 7
Back