today's excitement at work - plane crash

it's been one of those weeks, i blame the meteor showers. shootings are on the rise in wilmington this week, 12 shot so far, at least one a night. a crazy fatal accident last night, the plane crash yesterday, gunman on the loose in dover yesterday. a guy who was breaking into a car dealer struck a cop head on a few nights ago and took off, that was the second time that week a cop was in a crash. and a tornado this morning, rain was coming down at a rate of 24" an hour.. pretty much every incident has involved a change of pants.

it's been one of those weeks, i blame the meteor showers. shootings are on the rise in wilmington this week, 12 shot so far, at least one a night. a crazy fatal accident last night, the plane crash yesterday, gunman on the loose in dover yesterday. a guy who was breaking into a car dealer struck a cop head on a few nights ago and took off, that was the second time that week a cop was in a crash. and a tornado this morning, rain was coming down at a rate of 24" an hour.. pretty much every incident has involved a change of pants.

Christ it's dangerous where you are

I have always wondered how someone like you...cops...emerg nurses...etc can deal with all the bad things that happen in a day. We civilians only see and hear what we want to. It much slant your view on life.

davie, i think most of delaware is on par for per capita crime. wilmington is our only problem city. i hear about more of it than most because of the job. our rule at work is it didn't happen unless it's in the papers. it's been a crazy week.

glenn - you get callous after awhile, a father of 2 who runs into a tree becomes just another drunk driver and you shake your head at his stupid decision. the majority of fatal crashes are caused by a stupid decision. incidents involving kids and people killed by suicide drivers are the ones that no one in the ops room shakes their head at. if it's one of our guys who is in danger we do our job and don't worry about how we feel because it's his neck on the line. we get procedures drilled into our heads during training so you don't have to second guess yourself in a crisis. having said that, i have no idea how cops deal with what they see everyday. i know they get put in some tough situations while all i have to do is sit in an ops room and listen in.

Back