F/S Voightlander Bessa 2

Hi guys, I have recently been tasked with the job of selling off my grandads camera collection.

I have searched Online for the individual cameras and have a rough idea of each of their values. However I was wondering if possible, you, the experts, could help me value them. I will start with the best in the collection;

a voightlander Bessa 2,
The camera is in pretty much mint condition, and comes with its ojriginal leather case which its been kept in its entire life, I also have the receipt from when this was purchased in 1947! I also have a UV filter for this, and possibly some other bits but I'm yet to sort through it all so price on just what's mentioned if possible

imagerrn.jpg

Bessa 2

imagerrn.jpg

imagequze.jpg

imageiej.jpg

imageowcv.jpg

imagepyi.jpg

imagekdv.jpg

Only damage on the camera is the leather coming up slightly as shown in this picture. Which for the cameras age is in mint condition.
imagejto.jpg

I am looking to sell this and the other cameras which include numerous practikas, a few Zeiss Ikon, and some others which I forget the makes of. So feel free to make me an offer on this and the information on the other cameras will come soon.

Thank you,
philip

EDIT*
also, in case you cannot see on the picture lense info is; "COLOR SKOPAR 1:3.5/105"
and it's a 'synchro compur'
and as written on the receipt: 1 voightlander brilliant focussing .con R shutter, Heliar f3.5
and there's a 'Lern No.' And a number after 'shutter'. Sorry all that is written in pen and I can't quite read the handwriting so some could be wrong like the H in Heliar, could be a K or something for Keliar.. Can't quite tell.

imagegnfs.jpg

I have the Bessa before this one, if I were to buy another folding Bessa it would be this, I believe the twin windows also means that this is an RF folding camera - most useful!

If it was boxed and with all the bits it would have come with the receipt might add a nice touch of provenance to a package ... But by its self I'm not sure it would add value. Worth mentioning...

if you sell to a dealer you will loose around 40% of the value ... If you sell on eBay it's going to cost you around 15%

- - - Updated - - -

Your best bet would be to sell directly to a collector/user ...

If it was boxed and with all the bits it would have come with the receipt might add a nice touch of provenance to a package ... But by its self I'm not sure it would add value. Worth mentioning...

if you sell to a dealer you will loose around 40% of the value ... If you sell on eBay it's going to cost you around 15%

- - - Updated - - -

Your best bet would be to sell directly to a collector/user ...

I would be surprised it I didn't have the original manual etc with it, don't have a box for it, just the leather case it's stored in. But I have receipts and probably manuals for all the cameras and accessories I have.

Do you know where I could find collectors/users? Obviously there is this forum, but are there specific forums for the different makes or for vintage cameras?

Thanks again for the help!

Back