Critique Welcomed Volleyball Players

Brian Moore

Took one of my Holgas to the beach yesterday. Holga 120N, AKA: Light Leaker.

Shot a roll of Ilford XP2 then cross-processed it in Rodinal. (I don't see the point in having a B&W C41 emulsion in medium format. I only bought it because the camera shop around the corner didn't have any other B&W in MF.)

I shot this image from the pier. I think it is my duty to document the volleyball players in photos.

So that's where you hang out Brian, cannot for the life of me think why :rolleyes: Is there a bar on the pier as well, only it would make it ideal as they have nice stools to sit at while documenting.
Holga has come up trumps again, liking the nets, the white parts and the shadows.

So that's where you hang out Brian, cannot for the life of me think why :rolleyes: Is there a bar on the pier as well, only it would make it ideal as they have nice stools to sit at while documenting.
Holga has come up trumps again, liking the nets, the white parts and the shadows.
Sadly no bar on the pier. (So I don't stay long.:rolleyes:) Thanks Julian. Much appreciated.

An incredible image Brian....and what a weight it must be on your shoulders to have to trudge down there very day to document this pastime for us all...

An incredible image Brian....and what a weight it must be on your shoulders to have to trudge down there very day to document this pastime for us all...

Thanks Dougie. Much appreciated. (It makes all trudging and drudgery worthwhile when good people like yourself are kind enough to acknowledge my sacrifice.:rolleyes:)

I like this very much Brian, light leaks and all and the way the focus is restricted works well I think. I do like those shadows - both the one of the young lady (you seem rather selective in your documentation) and the pole.
Thank you Pete. The shadow of the pole really attracted my attention. :)

Back