Without title

Gianluca Drago

Sorry guys, I realise now that I have posted a picture that is completely uninteresting. I'll free up space.

Last edited:
I'd want to see that completely and utterly uninteresting photograph. It intrigues me.

Did you want to see the incriminating photo? Here it is. I don't know what to make of it, it seems to me that it has every possible flaw, not just a few. The only thing that perhaps justifies it a little is its sense of unreality, its suspension over an almost theatrical scene where perhaps something is about to happen.

Attachments

• d7100-DSC6902_05.jpg
    d7100-DSC6902_05.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 16
Well, it is a photograph, I give you that.

Jokes aside, I do like it, or rather I am drawn to it without having the faintest why. Looks to me like a scene from a movie, I guess that blue ray enhances this feeling (and I am clueless on why is that). An encounter which could be the main plot of the film perhaps? That balloon seller looks a bit shady to me, he could very well be the killer in disguise, and so the women are in some sort of a danger? I mean, that pier (or platform) is kind of empty, so it could be the prefect place for a heinous deed.

How am I doing so far?

How am I doing so far?

You are doing very well! 👍

So well that you have discovered all my tricks. When I set out to edit this photo to see if it could be saved I got carried away.... The blue ray is my addition... is the platform deserted? Because I literally erased people and artificially lit up the void in the centre of the scene and shaded the periphery to make it look like a stage. So at this point I don't even know if it is a photo anymore 😳

Not my usual stile of editing, BTW.

I'm glad you were persuaded to keep it, Ginaluca! It's interesting, and I had no suspicions that the light beam was, ahem, an artistic addition. ;)

Good stuff. I like Julians analysis too!

You are always very supportive of my photos, Steve, thank you, and to Julian. I don't know if you can read from the JPEG metadata the time I spent on it in Darktable to create what is ultimately nothing more than a fake. Maybe the editing metadata got lost when I resized the photo to post it on RPF, but I played around with it a lot and had fun learning. It's not my style, in fact I usually apply minimal editing, because I'm not interested in being cool, but in learning how to take pictures. However, my point of view is that this was a photo to be trashed.

Read along the thread, Brian, and you'll find it :D
I've seen it now. And I find it completely uninteresting. 😋

Just kidding. Actually I find the dark version rather interesting indeed. I imagine myself cropping it such that the man with the lights is gone leaving just the two women. I imagine such a crop might produce a sense of mystery or anticipation.

Thank you, Brian. You are too generous, too. But I agree with you, for me it is not the man with the balloons that is disturbing, but the two women. The one on the right (who, by the way, is my wife in real life) seems to be heading determinedly towards the one distracted by her mobile phone, to do... what?

Back