Writing On The Back Of Photos

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
I've decided I should write on the back of my prints, details such as names of faces, location, time, camera, film. However, my first attempt was a bit of a disaster. I got a soft, thin-nibbed felt pen, and wrote Rhona's name, etc, etc, only to find when I turned it around that I could see the writing through the image. It's ok, as I can print it again.

I suppose the answer would be to add a sticker like these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Premium-Quality-Adhesive-Address-Labels/dp/B002S43NFU/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

Before I order them, any advice, suggestions?

Yes I was going to say use a 3 or 4b pencil they are soft,maybe Faber Castell or the like , they aught to leave a decent mark after the dust from the mark is blown of. Wont fade with light either.

Ta. These are not my own prints, so I don't get a choice of paper thickness, unless I go online and choose a better company. I do that for a few of my better images, but the majority are just from Boots or the Kodak shop.

Rob, wont you see the sticker through the paper too...????

How about an album system, with a note area alongside the photo...???

Hi Dougie. I've got some stickers, and they seem to work fine. I'll stick with that, so to speak. As for photos in albums, and text at the side - the photo could eventually find itself separated from the album. The sticker method is fail-safe. Thanks for your thoughts, though!

I am sorry that I have no advice Rob. I just keep them all on several hard discs and leave the people to figure it out themselves when I'm gone, if they bother.:D

Back