Crape Myrtle leaves

I like these two photos tremendously, they have extremely rich, but very natural colors. I think you managed to capture both the nature of the fugitive spring time and the favorable light at the best hour of the day. Those little leaves growing! Then, I also really like the short depth of field with that nice blur. I feel like a bumblebee browsing through those 3D spaces, still numb from the cold past, exploring the New World.

The lower part of the first image shows a rare and complex color harmony
Gianluca, thanks for your comments! For both of these shots I was pressed up against the front of my house while behind the tree (bush?) looking out across the street with the neighbor's cars and houses in the background. While f/1.4 did a good job, I did crop quite a lot of the lower portion away but there are still bits from human-made things in the blur.

fantastic color palette. the colors, dark clouds and tones give it a great moody feel.
Thanks Beth! I was sitting in my living room looking out the window and was hoping that I'd be able to catch the light through the leaves against the really dark rain clouds that were coming closer. When I went out, I climbed in behind the tree and the front of my house but couldn't quite get the exact angle that I was seeing from inside. All in all, I liked the way they turned out.

Back