Flurf

Flurf looks like a cool kitty. Then again, most (all?) kitties are cool! :cool:

Not to hijack your thread but I'll see your Flurf and raise you a full house, all rescues in one manner or another:

Charmin-Albert-Trip-Boom-Lulu-Grease_square.jpg

This image was assembled a few years ago and as life goes, some (Charmin and Boom) are no longer with us due to old age, (likely) lymphoma and such. Charmin (a Manx, Persian and whatever "mutt") was already named when we got her, but she was indeed squeezably soft. Boom was named for Boomhauer, an east-Texan character on the US animated TV series, "King of the Hill". He and I were best buds and enjoyed afternoon naps together. Trip is, we suspect, on a long slow decline but he's still tickin'. He's a "handicat", born without one rear leg, a somewhat deformed other rear leg and a short tail. But he's full of Siamese cattitude. Albert is about the equivalent of an 81 year old human, but still surprisingly spry for his age (he does, however, take more time considering tall jumps than in the past). He was from a litter separated from their mother after hurricane Gustav moved through our area in 2008. Grease is my daughter's cat "inherited" three years ago from a college roommate who took him in and then decided at graduation she no longer would keep him. His name comes from the grease in his fur when found as a kitten under an old car. He's a monster horse of a tomcat now, glossy, sleek and full of character. The lovely and vivacious Lulu belonged to a neighbor who wasn't fully interested in keeping her, so we mutually decided to adopt her. She's an absolute sweetheart.

Back